Periodic External Review 2019
Early in 2019 SWMTC had a Periodic External Review (PER) carried out by Church of England’s Ministry Division and the University of Durham, which validates our academic awards. The review team was led by Ven. Peter Johnson, Archdeacon of Lindisfarne.
We have waited a long time for the report but it is now published and we are delighted with the outcome.
“The students with whom the review team met commented very positively on the quality of the teaching, referring to teaching as excellent, outstanding and diverse“ (page 34)
The reviewers noted:
- The quality of SWMTC’s supportive community life and the pastoral care of students
- The integration of reflective practice methods throughout the taught programmes
- A strong ethos of teaching and support for adult learners
- The innovate new curriculum (which started in September 2019)
- The excellent care taken in the course’s consultation around its proposed development and the ownership secured from internal and wider diocesan stakeholders for its formational aims
We are pleased that there are no surprises in the report and that many of its recommendations are already in hand as a result of the introduction of the new curriculum.
You can read the full report on the Church of England website (pdf).